Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Just Feel Like Somethin' Good Is About To Happen...

Remember that old song? That's how I feel today! Such an interesting feeling. I have no idea what's around the corner, but I'm excited about it! Earlier this week I received an unexpected email from someone and they said that while thinking about me these verses came to mind - Ephesians 3:14-21. Yesterday was an interesting day as well, almost like God was preparing me for something coming. Then this morning someone posted on my fb the very same verses. Not an accident! God knows just what He's doing and I'm anxiously awaiting it!

All week I've been thinking over Moses standing with the Red Sea in front of him and an army looking to destroy him behind. God hasn't let that image leave my mind. Of course, now we know the outcome of that story, but Moses didn't. I wonder what he thought and felt in those moments. Excitement, dread, panic, fear, peace, patience?? For some reason it is as though God is saying, "Watch this! I'm going to do something so amazing and unexpected! It's going to be great!"

What that is in my life, I have no idea. Is God about to do something with Todd, with the house on the market, with the ministry He has placed on my heart, with my family, with something that isn't even on my radar??? I don't know, but I'm looking for it! Will it come today, tomorrow, next month, this year? Still don't know. But God does. So often lately I have heard people say they wish they could know what the future holds. I have learned to be happy not knowing. God has taught me that I can barely handle things when they do come, much less thinking about them beforehand! I don't know what God is up to, but I am so glad to know that He IS at work even when I can't see it. What a wonderful, loving Father we have to give us what we need and even a surprise or two now and then!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you!! So good to hear your excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's great to feel so positive! i like what you wrote: 'What a wonderful, loving Father we have to give us what we need and even a surprise or two now and then! '

    seems like change can come so very fast and good or bad our life is never quite the same afterward we are aware of what has happened...the Lord is working on me so much lately to stay ready, when change comes, if I am staying as close as I can to the Lord, it doesn't rock me so bad...change is hard for me,ha, but God knows the 'whole' situation that comes up and He knows everyone's needs that is involved and not just mine...please pray for me that i will remember God has the whole picture,thanks...so glad i got to know you and love the pics and comments you post on fb about your boys! i know you are going to feel the Lord especially close in the future, because you are already holding His hand so tight, lv u much,jo

    ReplyDelete

Followers