Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Several days ago my boys wanted to wrap up some of their absolute favorite toys to give to others for Christmas. My heart melted as they were so generous and joyful about giving. It was such a lesson for me to give my best in everything and do it joyfully. And I thought that was what I needed to learn. But the more I thought about it, the more I realize that's just the tip of the iceberg in this life lesson.

One day as I was thinking about who would open these precious gifts I had a passing thought, "I sure hope they understand just what was done and the spirit it was given in! I hope they see that a real treasure was given to them and not flippantly set it aside!" Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I wonder if that's what God thinks. He gave His absolute best, His Son sacrificed everything. How many people in this world say, "Who cares, I don't want that"? And even closer to home, how many times do I flippantly set Him aside and not take in the value of what was given to me, what I have every day and do not experience and enjoy?

As you enjoy this wonderful Christmas season, don't ignore the greatest Gift. As you think about giving to others remember what you've been given. Let the joy of knowing Jesus urge you to cheerfully give your best. Whether the one it's given to appreciates it or not, give your best as God did. And if you do not know Jesus, I don't mean as a religious symbol, but truly know Him as your Savior and closest friend, please don't let another day slip by without accepting this most precious and costly Gift. Believe in Him. Trust Him and never let go of Him!

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad you are blogging, me, too!
    i am a bit slow, but i will learn,ha.
    it truly is wonderful how our lil children
    teach us so much of God's love...what you wrote touched my heart...Merry Christmas and Praise Jesus!
    lv,jo

    ReplyDelete

Followers