Friday, December 18, 2009

Memories Made

We're in the midst of potty training S and he's doing pretty well. Today I asked him if he needed to go stinky and he said, "I tan't Mommy. I ser-ous!" Then when I laughed he said, "I dust teasin'." :) I am so thankful God gave him to us exactly when He did. He knew we would need lots of laughter, especially this year!

T & B have been drawing this and that, mostly cars, lately. But today T showed me a drawing of a cake he wants for his birthday. It was of a heart with a person in the middle. He told me that he wanted one like that because Jesus is in his heart now. Yeah, my heart completely melted. I don't know if that's really what he'll want by the time his birthday rolls around but it'll still be a forever memory for me.

While playing wii tonight S was just itching to play sword fighting so B played a few rounds with him and purposefully let him win. It's so sweet to see these times between them. Sometime you forget when some days are filled with fighting over who has more cars than the others.... :)

My sweet little T has been doing very well lately. God is so good and we are so undeserving. He's still on the slow side of growing and learning things, but he still IS doing it! Today while batting at a toy hanging in front of him he ended up hugging it close to him for a second. It was adorable! He loves to hear, "Yay T". Smiles every time. We love him so much and I am so thankful to celebrate his life every day. And each life for that matter. Every person is so amazingly created and precious! Thank You God for the gift of life!

Today we made a birthday cake for Jesus. And me being the control freak that I am, actually let the boys help with the prep!! Wow! We began the tradition in our little family a few years ago to have a birthday prime rib dinner and party for Jesus. It is so much fun! The boys really get into it and it helps them remember the TRUE reason for this holiday. And as they get older and more able to tell us exactly what they want for gifts :) it's a good reminder! It is wonderful to see Christmas through their eyes. The fun in getting together with family, excitement over what they'll open Christmas morning, and the simplicity of Jesus' coming. I just love it!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - you have such an adorable family. It is fun to see how the boys interact with each other. I was so happy for Big-T :) tonight when he participated in his first Lord's Supper. So special. And I love the note he wrote me, by the way. We'll definitely have to get together after Christmas and let the boys all play together. We're so blessed God let our paths cross this year!

    ReplyDelete

Followers